White fused alumina is a synthetic abrasive medium that fused in an arc furnace with high – quality aluminium oxide as raw material. This abrasive is very pure with more that 99 % of Al2O3 content. White fused alumina is very hard and resistant to many aggressive chemicals. In comparison to brown fused alumina it is more homogeneous in chemical content, structure and physical properties. White fused alumina is free of respirable crystalline silica (SiO2).
· Production of high-grade abrasive tools.
· No ferric contamination;
· Strict control of size distribution and other physical and chemical properties;
· Excellent thermo – mechanical properties, thermal shock resistance;
· High mechanical stability and strength;
· High volume stability;
· High chemical resistance and chemical stability;
· High density, low permeability for producing high refractoriness;
· Abrasion resistant and high wear-resistant;
· Good corrosion properties.
Hardness: 9,0 Mohs
Specific gravity: 3,95 g / cm³
Total density: 1,4 – 2,1 kg / dm
Storage conditions: dry and covered
Packing: 25 kg bags, 1 ton per pallet
AlO: > 99 %
NaO: 0,33 %
FeO: 0,03 %
SiO: 0,06 %
CaO: 0,10 %