Steel shot is spherical shape abrasive medium made from thermal-treated steel. Steel shots have fine and smooth micro-structure. That ensures high quality, durability and optimal cleaning properties.
Typical application areas: metal surfaces preparation before painting; descaling and rust removal; cleaning of steel profiles, rods or pipes; improving the stress-resistance of metal surfaces.
· Ideal to use for cleaning and polishing metal surfaces.
· Used to provide additional strength to the metal products being processed (crankshafts, engine turbine blades and high-power springs).
· Steel shots are used in both turbine and compressed air blasting systems.
· Due to its hardness and density, shots can be reused for up to 2700 times.
· Steel shots characterized by very low dust emission during the cleaning process.
Hardness: 390-540 HV
Specific gravity: 7.2 g / cm³
Total density: 4.1 kg / dm3
Storage conditions: dry and covered
Packing: 25 kg bags, 1 ton per pallet
Fe: > 96 %
C: 0.8 – 1.2 %
Si: > 0.4 %
Mn: 0.6 – 1.2 %
S: < 0.05 %
P: < 0.05 %