Glass beads abrasives are high quality glass micro balls made of selected raw glass material.
Glass beads used for cold working of metal surfaces, i.e. shot peening and honing. General cleaning, removing of light foreign matter, decorative finishing, polishing and matting.
· Glass beads used for the cold working of metal surfaces as well as for general cleaning, deburring and decorative finishing whilst retaining the dimensional integrity of items being blasted (e.g. pistons).
· For delicate thin-walled parts and thin welds, peening with glass beads abrasive material provides the right balance of stress relief without over-stressing and causing damage.
· Glass beads is silica-free option for shot blasting, peening, honing, cleaning and light deburring.
· Glass beads are chemically inert and environmentally friendly.
· Available in a wide range of sizes.
· Can be re-used up to 30 times.
Hardness: 6 – 7 Moh scale
Specific density: about 2.5g/cm3
Bulk density: 1,6 kg/dm³
Free silica: None
Storage conditions: dry and covered
Packing: 25 kg bags, 1 ton per pallet
SiO: 72,5 %
AlO : 0,5 – 2 %
KO: 0,88 %
NaO: 13,78 %
CaO: 7,02 %
FeO : 0,18 %
MgO: 4 %
MnO: 3 %