Ceramic beads are high quality zirconia-based blast medium. Ceramic beads have long life time and high uniformity level on the surface of workpiece. Ceramic beads are round and smooth, it does not have small sharp edges after smashing like other non-metallic abrasives.
It ideally suits for blasting applications involving both manual and automated machinery, where consistency of finish is important. Ceramic beads are used for cleaning, satin finishing, deburring, uniforming of surfaces, also for shot peening of metal products. Suits for steel, stainless steel, ferrous metals and aluminium.
· Ceramic bead offers higher density and hardness than glass beads.
· Ceramic bead last 10-12 times longer that glass beads.
· Working mix of ceramic beads is a lot more stable and consistent, resulting in more consistent surface finishes.
· Dust levels generated from ceramic beads are considerably lower compared with glass beads.
· Significantly lower utilization costs for used abrasives.
Hardness: 6 Mohs
Specific density: 3.85 g/cm³
Bulk density: 2.3 kg/dm³
Storage conditions: dry and covered
Packing: 25 kg bags, 1 ton per pallet
ZrO2: 60 – 70 %
SiO2: 28 – 33 %
Al2O3: < 10 %
0 – 63 µm
0 – 125 µm
70 – 125 µm
125 – 250 µm
250 – 425 µm
425 – 600 µm
600 – 850 µm